Quantcast

new to flat track .looking to get a bike

new to flat track .looking to get a bike

neil foreman
Hi everyone.  Im looking to get into flat track. I recently did the races at redwood acres on brian bartlows klx140 bikes. Despite damaging my knee it was a blast. i am hoping the track in blue lake will be up and running soon. Im Keen to get my own bike and looking for ideas.i am thinking a crf230 and  converting it to a flat track machine myself as i am a tech at a motorcycle shop . I road raced for many years. Im not looking to spend tons of money  .in fact im quite poor so my budget is small. Your positive input is welcome.

RE: new to flat track .looking to get a bike

Revn kevn
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: new to flat track .looking to get a bike

Steve Lacey
Hey Kevin, you should be a tech guy for CFTA!!! N

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 6, 2015, at 3:17 PM, "Revn kevn [via California Flat Track Association (CFTA)]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

keep it simple, whatever bike you have, leave it stock enough to pass tech, kill switch must work, throttle should snap back to closed when opened and released, front brake lever removed, and remove kickstand, attach rubber or heavy tape around metal protruding items like foot pegs and chain adjusters, axle nuts, safety wire oil drain plug, sometimes  a catch tank for oil breather and or water overflow tubes, a skid shoe is not a must but probably should be, if knobbies arent allowed change to scrambles type tire, if you want to waste more money go for 19 inch wheels and dirttrack tires  then find other riders in your area that arent as good as you and go to races that allow 3 to 5 riders to make a class, always be nice to the promoters and their staff!
Kevin Smith

"Eeeeeeeeooooooowwwwwwww"

Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 12:58:58 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: new to flat track .looking to get a bike

Hi everyone.  Im looking to get into flat track. I recently did the races at redwood acres on brian bartlows klx140 bikes. Despite damaging my knee it was a blast. i am hoping the track in blue lake will be up and running soon. Im Keen to get my own bike and looking for ideas.i am thinking a crf230 and  converting it to a flat track machine myself as i am a tech at a motorcycle shop . I road raced for many years. Im not looking to spend tons of money  .in fact im quite poor so my budget is small. Your positive input is welcome.

http://california-flat-track-association-cfta.4244048.n2.nabble.com/new-to-flat-track-looking-to-get-a-bike-tp7580660.html
To start a new topic under California Flat Track Association (CFTA), email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from California Flat Track Association (CFTA), click here.
NAML

NAML

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: new to flat track .looking to get a bike

Krumple
Administrator
Wishing you great luck in your grant.  That's good thinking!
Krumple

RE: new to flat track .looking to get a bike

neil foreman
Thanks kevin